Friday, October 27, 2006

TESTIMONIALS

WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS:


"Entertaining, well-concieved, engaging and very informative. Those were but few of the things me and my girlfriend can think of when asked about the seminar, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

Being a self-taught comic book artist, I never had any formal training or education when it comes to scriptwriting as well as storytelling, which for me is a very important factor when you make a comic book. And for me, expressing my stories has always been a big challenge, which is why I joined and signed up for the seminar. And thanks to the Writers Guild, as well as to our speaker Mr. Genaro Cruz, I feel more equipped and capable of writing my stories in a way that is more engaging and more immersive than I would ever have thought possible. The simple tips and tricks to writing short stories were more than beneficial for me, and I definitely am thankful to have been part of the event.

Now I feel more confident and ready to write my own stories. I look forward in starting my very own story, and opening a whole new world crafted by my mind for the world to see.

THANKS AND MORE POWER TO THE WRITERS GUILD!!"

Carl Martin Jimenez
SPi - SPS department


"I have to admit that I'm a frustrated writer. Not too long ago, I've come to love reading and writing, which slowly became a passion of mine. But, sad to say, i'm taking up a different course (in College). So for the meantime, I make sure to attend writing seminars or workshops to enhance my skills.

When my boyfriend mentioned that the Writers Guild of SPi was holding a writing seminar and the theme being "Maikling Kwento", I quickly grabbed the opportunity. First, I thought that it was going to be a 9-5 PM pure lecture. As we sat down, I began to feel intimidated by the group of people - public school teachers from Tagaytay and SPi employees were there. I think I was the only outsider there that day, hehe!

My impression about the event being a pure lecture was completely wrong. The speaker, Mr. Genaro Cruz, was very hands-on and the more he talked, the more i got interested. I simply admire his accomplishments and experiences as a writer.

I personally had so much fun and I'm glad that Mr. Genaro Cruz imparted to us with his great knowledge of writing short stories. Also, i would like to thank Sirs Dylan Gozum and JP Canivel and the rest of the people involved in holding the event for being friendly and accommodating. It sure was a well-organized event. Even if i were asked to pay for it, it sure would be worth the money. I recommend it to writers or to whoever are interested in joining their seminars. It's a good experience and exposure as well.

GOOD LUCK AND MORE POWER to the Writers Guild! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!"

Kate Navasero
Student/ Aspiring writer

No comments: